Carload fuel surcharge
FEC Railway’s fuel surcharge program will be based on the Department of Energy (DOE) On-Highway Diesel Fuel Price (US Average).
- The fuel surcharge program will apply as follows:
- Any fuel surcharge will be adjusted on a monthly basis
- The basis for the surcharge will be determined by the U.S. Average price of DOE On-Highway Diesel Fuel for a calendar month, as reported weekly on the US Department of Energy web site (www.eia.doe.gov)
- In the event the average monthly price of Retail On-Highway Diesel Fuel, equals or exceeds $1.25 per gallon, a surcharge of beginning at 0.5% will apply
- For every five cent increase above $1.25 per gallon, the surcharge applied will increase by 0.5%. (See threshold schedule for more details)
- When the average DOE price drops below $1.25 per gallon, no fuel surcharge will apply
- The surcharge will be billed to applicable shipments beginning the second month following the month on which the DOE average price calculation was based. (Example: the average reported DOE price for the month of January 2012 will determine the fuel surcharge applied throughout the month of March 2012).
|Fuel surcharge (effective date)||Fuel surcharge|
For an extended carload fuel surcharge history please click here.